Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Power of No

I have been thinking about the power of no.  Been on my mind all week.  So, I googled it.  I love when  nouns become verbs...

I was thinking about little children- 3-4 years old.  What is the response when a little boy says  no.  How do the adults around respond?  what messages do they give that child?  Now think about when a little girl says no. How to the adults react?  

Often in life, just saying yes can open up an entire new world to us. Definitely.

Being a people pleaser can be easier in the short term.  Be agreeable and going along.  Learning balance and listening to your inner truth.  Sometimes my truth is hard to come to; sometimes 'the easier softer way' is my truth.  But, that is ok.  It is NOT ok to base my decisions on it.  And, at times, I do.

One struggle for me, "it's easier if I do it myself".   Self centeredness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment